By Kurt Lindgren
Have you ever made a huge mistake? How do you respond? In life, you will make mistakes. Sometimes really big mistakes. Sometimes you’ll even make the same mistake more than once,
The key is to not allow mistakes discourage you or make you give up. God wants you to react in a positive way to those times when you really blow it. So here is a list of some surefire steps to handling your mistakes.
1. ADMIT you had made a mistake.
- Don't Panic! Don't run from the problem.
- Its important to realize that we are human and we make mistakes.
- Honesty is ALWAYS the first step!
- Apologize immediately! Be contrite! Don't play the blame game!
- God is always bigger that your problem!
- Get alone with God, think about Him and what He has done for you.
- Read the Bible. Take Isaiah 41:10-13 to heart.
- Focusing on God will give you hope in a dark situation!
- Hebrews 12:2
- When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. - E. Peterson
3. Pray longer, harder, and more sincerely than ever before.
- Mark 11:24
- Ask God to help you. Believe God will Help you. Thank God for helping you.
- Count your blessings and thank God for them.
4. Get other people to pray for you.
- Find some prayer warriors who know how to pray!
- There is value in volume prayer
- Matthew 18:19
Examine yourself / your motives.
- God won't help until you are ready to be honest and turn to God for His help
- To make a change for the better, requires an honest, gut-level, self-evaluation of your life (spiritual / relational).
5. Praise and Worship God
- Go to church and worship with others
- Find some Christian music and praise / worship God right where you are.
- Nothing will touch the heart of God more than if you start to worship and praise Him right in the middle of your problem.
- Praise and worship draws our attention away from our problems, no matter how overwhelming they are!
6. Expect God to help you.
- Even if you made the biggest mistake on the planet - GOD WILL HELP YOU!!!
Not because you deserve to be helped, but because God is good and HE DOES does good things!
- 1 John 5:4
7. Wait for God to give you peace about your situation.
- When you admit your mistakes, pray and WAIT ON GOD, God can give you peace about your problem in your spirit.
- God can also give you courage to move forward and start off fresh.
In the end, your biggest failure can make you stronger and God always has a way of getting victory through your problem.
Through dark days Gods is always with His children! ____________________________________________________________________
Alternative Titles: What to Do if You've Really Messed Up.., What to Do if You've Really Screwed Up...